Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Perhaps Jesselton

Perhaps Jesselton 

A True Story 
by kakacrackr


It was the first time I visit Jesselton, as the A320 landed at the airport with me and you on board. We sat next to eachother 2 ½ hours earlier, but I chose to find those empty seats behind while the plane is over Natuna, as you kept your lips sealed. You are all mum since I came over to pick you up at your aunt’s, while I wonder should I tag along to Jesselton, or just drop you at LCCT, the same place I fetched you five days earlier.

jesselton, kota kinabalu, sabah, airasia, flight, islands, nature, wonder, malaysia, airlines, tickets, travel, borneo, jungle, orangutan, wildlife, adventure, hotel, resort, booking, online
I thought this whole holiday plan would be fun, as you and me together under the sun. That’s what we always wanted, to be together after months of phone conversations and texts. That’s why I booked you AirAsia tickets, so you could come over and stay with me for few days and we’ll have good times together over short stint of time. That’s the reason I surveyed for nice place to stay in Cameron Highlands among all the things in my plan.

Well I decided to follow you to Jesselton, tought we both can talk all night as our cab moved slowly up the Signal Hill, the shortcut our way to 1Borneo hotel on that busy evening. But you’ve got other plans, you need to see your boss tonight. So again you made me wait for you, just as the few days when you left my place. Staying with aunt and your cousin, I just have to let you since it was your wish. And how I waited for days, you just sent simple messages, giving me hope but you never returned.

3.30am, I was still awake, waiting for you in front of the hotel as it drizzles in Jesselton, there’s no sight of you or any signs. I bet you’ve found your comfortable bed somewhere.
jesselton, kota kinabalu, sabah, airasia, flight, islands, nature, wonder, malaysia, airlines, tickets, travel, borneo, jungle, orangutan, wildlife, adventure, hotel, resort, booking, onlineAs sun rises in Jesselton, I woke up and wished I never came here just to spend a night alone in hotel room. Then suddenly there was knocks on the door, just as I opened you stand right outside. Still you didn’t talk much compared when you’re on the phone last week, when you said how much you love me and that you can’t wait to see me. But it’s all changed.

This time you seemed can’t wait to go back to Tawau and how you rush me to call a cab. It’s still morning and the flight is only at night, what’s chasing you dear? You didn’t answer and just pulled your heavy suitcase out. I just followed and in no time we’re on the back seat of a cab.
I suggested we drop by at Jesselton, but you wanted to head straight to the airport. Well it’s ok, you just go ahead to Terminal 2, I’d go wander around Jesselton alone. I got off the cab in front of Centre Point, making my way to the waterfront. As I walk in Jesselton, my mind was on you. So I asked Jesselton, what I did wrong until you completely changed.

jesselton, kota kinabalu, sabah, airasia, flight, islands, nature, wonder, malaysia, airlines, tickets, travel, borneo, jungle, orangutan, wildlife, adventure, hotel, resort, booking, onlineI walked alone along Tanjung Aru, thinking and pondering everything about me and you. Still I have no answer to the question I asked Jesselton. Perhaps Jesselton will tell while I walk in the drizzle towards Terminal 2.

As the plane took off the runway, I wave Jesselton goodbye. Perhaps Jesselton, I will come again with more stories to tell you. 

Perhaps Jesselton, my stories the next time will be more beautiful, just as beautiful as you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...